– Detailed Case History: Obtain information relevant to the patient’s concerns.
– Diagnostic Hearing Evaluation: Obtain information regarding the patient’s middle and inner ear status.
– Dix-Hallpike and Roll Test: Obtain information regarding the presence or absence of nystagmus in a provoking position.
– Videonystagmography (VNG): Investigates the patient’s central pathways such as tracking, smooth pursuit and optokinetics.
– Air Caloric Testing: This test is the primary test used to evaluate the function of the horizontal semicircular and inferior portion of the vestibular nerve at a low frequency.
– Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials (VEMP): The VEMP investigates the saccule, utricle, nferior and superior vestibular nerve.
– Video-head Impulse Test (vHIT): Investigates the function of each of the six semi circular canals individually.